Discover Synchronicity, Master Data
Disconnected information systems compromise your business’s agility, efficiency and effectiveness.Fluent central management of masterdata components—dimensions, hierarchies, reporting structures, and properties—gives your business the agility to globally synchronize metadata across disconnected information systems
Centralized, Collaborative Change Management
Oracle Enterprise Data Management (DRM), the gold standard in masterdata synchronization, reduces manual maintenance efforts while allowing you to create, update and export dimensions, hierarchies, reporting structures and properties to downstream systems and applications.
- Hierarchy, node and property management
- Business logic-based validations
- Batch imports of source master data
- Integrated master data exports with relational or flat-file output
- Version control with snapshots
- Comparison-based reporting between versions
- Hierarchy-based selection to automate report contents
- Approval workflows and complete auditability
Whether you need to quickly integrate an acquisition, incorporate a new system, or simply add new values to your existing chart of accounts, DRM gives your business the access, flexibility, consistency, rigor, quality control and visibility you need to execute:
- Business (finance) ownership of master data management
- Regular maintenance of financial master data
- Chart of accounts redesigns
- Mapping of values (old-to-new) in mergers and acquisitions
- Enterprise-wide synchronization of financial master data
Financial Accuracy & Flexibility
Moving masterdata management upstream into DRM gives your business the ability to maintain an enterprise view of your financial chart of accounts, cost centers, legal entities, products, etc. It affords downstream systems consistent views of your business dimensions, and keeps your ERP, BI, financial planning, analysis and consolidation tools in sync.
Once integrations have been configured with target systems, DRM can also move the ownership of masterdata changes into the business where subject matter experts can directly update masterdata.
What can DRM do for you?
- Align structures and hierarchies for different systems to ensure consistency across the enterprise
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley, Basel II and other regulatory requirements with access controls and full audit capability
- Analyze, design and implement mergers and acquisitions related structures, hierarchies and mappings with drag and drop simplicity
- Rationalize, align and maintain business structures with cross mappings and alternate structures
- Manage hierarchy, node and property changes visually
Automating input, processing and reporting functions, increases your ability to govern, rationalize, consolidate and share vital master data, while enhancing ROI and agility of your infrastructure.
Why IT Loves DRM?
The value of Information Technology depends directly on the quality and accuracy of the information available in systems and applications across a company. Implementing DRM will help control the quality and accuracy of information displayed in each reporting interface configured to leverage DRM master data extracts.
DRM lets finance focus on routine masterdata changes while IT concentrates on the up front configuration of DRM integrations with downstream applications.
With DRM, IT can:
- Centralize management of dimensions and hierarchies across disparate systems and platforms
- Simplify complex relationships between hierarchies, mappings, business rules and attributes with an intuitive interface
- Strengthen real-time and batch validation and verification processes to enforce business rules and reconcile master data
- Updates to downstream applications can be batched in parallel with a multi-threaded architecture that ensures updated master data is imported to all systems at the same point in time
Accurate Views of Masterdata
- Single source of data
- Role based access
- Eliminates duplicate maintenance processes
- Reduce time and money fixing errors
- Reduced costs of current systems
Fast and Flexible Decision Making
- Timely intelligence
- Rollback and what-if tools
Greater Value from Existing Assets
- Integration of data warehouses, data marts, OLAP cubes and ERP systems
- Consistent and reliable export reports
- Audit trails
- Quick data integration